Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1 month exercise result

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

1 month exercise result Empty
PostSubject: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:26 am

Ok so I mentioned here that I started walking and light weight training for exercise.
Well I thought I was doing awesome cuz this pair of jeans that hasn't fit in forever I could put on. But then I weighed myself and I only lost 4 pounds.
I was totally bummed til I remembered something I told a friend about how you didn't get that way overnight and it'll take time to undo it.
So yay me - 4 pounds gone is 4 pounds gone. Actually pretty damn good considering I'm not dieting really just working out. That's about a pound a week.

For anyone else here who is battling the chub.
2500 calories = 1 pound
I learned that when I was trying to gain weight. I had to eat 2500 extra calories for every pound I wanted to gain, so I'm guessing the reverse is true. BURN an extra 2500 calories to lose a pound.
And also a good healthy weight loss is only 1-2 pounds a week.
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Congrats on the weight loss, although I really didnt think zombies had a weight problem anyway LOL.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:22 pm

LOL!!
it's amazing how much your metabolism slows down when the pulse stops.

Srsly though 4 pounds is 4 pounds! One more and it's a bag of flour (or sugar - your choice) woohoo!!
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:16 pm

when a person has to fight for every pound , 1/2 a pound is just as big of a victory as five pounds....Keep up the good work......VICTORY , DEATH TO THE ENEMY KILL KILL KILL .......ahem, excuse me, got excited there.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:15 pm

AMEN BROTHER!!!!
you know it still trips me out to think that when I just got out of the hospital I was struggling to gain weight. I can't even remember what it felt like to weigh 87 pounds but I found a pair of pants from back then - SIZE 5!! And they were big on me when I got them.
My weight gain went better than I planned and now I am fighting just as hard to lose the extra weight as I did to gain it. I think all the drugs they were pumping into me to keep me alive really screwed up my metabolism.
That and I read that when your oxygen saturation is 80% (mine was for weeks straight) your brain cells don't function normally. At 30% (which I was for at least a few minutes a few times) your brain cells DIE!! And will continue to die for up to a few hours even after your oxygen levels return to normal.

So not only did my metabolism get broken my brain got broken too!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Quote :
VICTORY , DEATH TO THE ENEMY KILL KILL KILL ..

God I love that viking.

Umm..yeah. I was working out. then I gashed my hand open and had to get it stitched up. Couldn't work out no more.

It's healed now. I'm amazed at how *insanely* fast my teenage, hormone-driven, ultra-motivated muscles grow and grow! 3 weeks I lost 2 inches off the waist, gained 2-3 on my biceps and gained 4 pounds.
woop woop!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
Panzer

Panzer

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:34 am

Gain it now and keep it little brother cause when you get older you fight for every inch of bicep you gain and every inch off of the waist you loose. good job.
Back to top Go down
UncleSam

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 1:32 am

Im new here love the old topic for i to struggeling with weight issue. I at my Heavest i weighed in at 384 lbs. Now by the Grace of our Lord am weighing in at 344 lbs. I can empathyse with those who are having the fight. What Jesus showed me was eye poping. He said that Are you not my temple? I said yes master I am . Thats when i stopped using the food as a crutch and used it for its real meaning . For rember our fight is not of the Flesh but that of the Spirit. Im giving out a tip learn to read the food lables and learn . Let the spirit guide u. Peace UncleSam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Excellent work Victor!!!!! You're gettin all buff! Since you're tall too you are gonna be one bad mamma jamma!!

Uncle Sam welcome to
SANCTUARY11111111 \m/
sooo true what you said. I have been way up and down with my weight my whole life low as 87 pounds high as 160. And since you're new here let me draw you a picture - I'm only 5 feet tall.
I had times where I used food as a crutch then other times where I punished myself and starved. I did the eating disorder route and the feeding my face 24/7 route.
Now I am careful to eat when I need to not whenever I want to. We are very lucky in this country to be able to eat whenever we want to but that dosen't mean we should.
Plus the hardest part - getting up and - GASP- exercise. That's reeeeeealllllllly hard for me to stay motivated with. If I didn't have my ipod I'd never go on my many mile walks.
Back to top Go down
sirhemlock

sirhemlock

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:14 am

switchbladeknitter wrote:
Ok so I mentioned here that I started walking and light weight training for exercise.
Well I thought I was doing awesome cuz this pair of jeans that hasn't fit in forever I could put on. But then I weighed myself and I only lost 4 pounds.
I was totally bummed
Weight lifting will not necessarily drop weight off as fast when you start because you are putting on muscle (gain) as you take off fat (loss); the overall result will be better than "mere weight loss."

What you do over a year's time is more important than what you do in a given week/month. Habit and consistency are more important than brief intensity with working out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sirhemlock1
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm

it was only 5 pound weights to reduce the flabbiness on my arms.

BUT.... I don't work out anymore. Pfffffft. Like everything else I just stopped caring about it. Screw it.

I still eat less crap food and take in less calories but I just can't force myself to care enough to care even a little about anything else.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Quote :
Like everything else I just stopped caring about it. Screw it.

Fail. haha

I feel that way sometimes. Then I slap myself and get out of bed anyway. It's harrrrdd...
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:54 am

yea epic fail. LOL

I have just fallen back into the :
"what's the freaking point when this life is only temporary and the best years of my life are behind me and it only goes downhill from here and it's not gonna get much better than this so why even bother and who really gives a crap anyway" mentality.
A bit of hopelessness mixed with self loathing and some depression with some good old fashioned laziness I guess.

I did get up and do my makeup today though. So I guess it's a start.
Oh well "MEH THE WORLD!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 3:00 pm

the tenth is start my new life. ive went from three hundred and ten down to 289 , Im getting serious about it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Excellent job so far.
Hope that you stay strong and committed to your goals!

unlike some of us 1 month exercise result Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:21 am

well my one achillies heel is my love of Yuengling black and tan beer. Id probably be goal weight right now if it wasnt for that deep black colored goodness in my tankard.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:22 pm

Even with your love of yummy beer you're still doing good.
keep it up - the good work and a drink now and then!

Everything in moderation.

......that includes working out in my case
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:37 pm

I went back to my straightedge vegan lifestyle, day three as i type this so im done with beer and im looking forward to getting my health back to where it was when i was a vegan for two years. I was very healthy and didnt have all of this excess weight. The straightedge vegan lifestyle will take the weight off of you . Drastic, Yes, but my health is failing me fast.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:01 am

I'm beginning to experience some of the negative side effects of living two lifestyles at once.

I'm a night owl. I love to stay up late. But! I'm highly motivated to improve my physique, so I still wake up at 0630 every single morning.

It leaves my body drained, my mind is willing, I feel no exhaustion, but my bones, my joints, they're all in pain. I'll have to get straightened up with a bedtime i guess...
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Thumbs up to Jim for going hardcore healthy - straightedge vegan - wow. You are freaking hardcore! I would love to a nice meat and dairy detox for a month or two. I keep hearing how all the hormones and whatnot are really screwing people up. But I can barely eat healthy on the road, let alone vegan. When you can't get to a grocery store on a regular basis it sucks. I ate Mc Donalds twice in the last week and I feel sooo sick. I can only handle that crap so called meat once in awhile. But two other days all I ate was soup and salad.

but thumbs down to Mr Victor. Dude, you are way too young to be wrecking your body like that. It's great that you're so into working out and that's great but yea you are gonna have to give up your late nights.
Not only will that make you sore and cranky and mentally overtired, being even a little bit exhausted everyday makes your body more susceptible to getting sick. The flu, colds, etc. Sleep is sooooo important. If you deprive yourself of an hour of needed sleep a night after a week it has the same effect on your body as if you skipped sleeping a night. So turn off the computer, games and phone and sleep at night Mister!

ok there's my mommy speech for the day.

Last edited by switchbladeknitter on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rotfl @ my typo)
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Well with going straightedge vegan again I KNOW some of the beer weight will come off, and my food intake will be healthier so I believe I have this all figgered out in my head. Its gotta work this time, im dying the way i am.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Your pic you have up from your other birthday with the vegan straightedge shirt on, you look very healthy.
The beer weight will come off quick and then the added weight loss from not putting all the extra hormone injected meat products into your body.
I am so proud of you for going all out like this. I know you are gonna do great and feel so much better.
Plus its even easier now than it was a few years ago even to be totally vegan.
Just remember though if you do backslide a pinch, get right back up and back into it.
I may not be good at following through with things but I am a great cheerleader for others!
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:45 pm

Ive had no cravings for beer yet but i did have a craving for a boiled hot dog , so instead i had a boca tofu burger lol. it hit the spot.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 pm

I never had a tofu burger but I did have a veggie burger - that was sooooo yummy!
Are those boca burgers almost meat taseting enough that someone could be fooled?? I usually only make turkey burgers but I'd love to slip in a non-meat burger, just to be sneaky.
Like pouring some decaf coffee in someone's cup after they said there's no way they'd drink decaf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 month exercise result   1 month exercise result Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 month exercise result
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: LIFE-
Jump to: