Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I CAN

Go down 
+4
switchbladeknitter
Rastus
bigjtink
Panzer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:44 pm

Now i can say I once again tried breathing life into this dead horse. I wonder WHY it died? Days without a post. Crying or Very sad Sad
What and where is sanctuary now?
Back to top Go down
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Yeah, I have been trying to check in every other day. Been working way too many hours. And while I'm earning a lot less money, I am greatful to have a job.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:00 pm

We need a friggin recruiter...
=/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:11 pm

I do love your effort Jim.
as for me we just took 10 days off. and did....nothing. We went to the movies once the rest of the time I was between pulling my hair out of frustration and hitting the books with my German. We were supposed to go to Great America, and the museums downtown and to get me a new tattoo. Instead all SOMEONE wanted to do was sit around the truck stop and edit videos and play online.
Which left me to like I said above pull my hair out and study German.
Back to top Go down
_Wes

_Wes

Male Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-07-23

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:29 am

Yup. . . .

I like Germany.

I wanna go there. . .
Back to top Go down
http://StrangeLand.us
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:24 am

You are so completely random Wes,but it's all good cuz so are we. Anything new or interesting in your life bro?
Back to top Go down
_Wes

_Wes

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 am

Getting ready to play the Sanctuary Stage at Cornerstone tonight - at 8pm. Then staying on at the fest for the rest of the week. Looking forward to getting away for a bit. Been having some woman issues. Smile

Also - getting ready to deploy first of August - only I'm going to Tampa (2 months) & San Antonio (6 months). Not really looking forward to it.

I'm gonna miss the kids the most . . . the drama that has been my life lately not so much. Smile
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 am

Have a great show tonight!!

Tampa isn't that bad, San Antonio I'm not real crazy about. I guess you can look at the bright side and say at least you're stateside. But 8 months away from family is hard no matter where it is. I so respect what you do.

Oh and we women - we're always an issue!! Razz
Back to top Go down
_Wes

_Wes

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:57 am

This'll be my first time in Tampa - I've been to North Fl, and Orlanda - but not Tampa. Hopefully I'll have a chance to see something of the city. I'm hearing 6 day work weeks - for training. Meh. At least I get to do advanced weapons training. Smile

San Anton I've been to - so I might remember some of it - it's been 13 years. . . .

Thanks for the support. Smile

And yeah - women. . . I was thinking it was just me! ha!
Wink
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:15 pm

So how was your show??

Advance weapons training sounds awesome!
I actually LOVE Florida. Typical Midwesterner, as soon as I get there and I'm surrounded by palm trees and that warm tropical air I don't want to leave. It's actually a beautiful state.
Texas is just too dull. There's too much dull colored vegetation it kinda washes itself out. Also I tend to get frustrated by all the Mexican culture integrated. And yes I am half Mexican, But there it's like the state just forgot that we have laws about jumping the border, there's mexican flags hung alongside American flags and everywhere you go near a big city is full of spanish language advertisement. It's just frustrating and sad.

Stop by more often bro, keep us updated on what's goin on.
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:32 pm

switchbladeknitter wrote:
Also I tend to get frustrated by all the Mexican culture integrated. And yes I am half Mexican, But there it's like the state just forgot that we have laws about jumping the border, there's mexican flags hung alongside American flags and everywhere you go near a big city is full of spanish language advertisement. It's just frustrating and sad.

Spoken like a true American
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:18 pm

I CAN Amflag7

I totally respect and am grateful for the sacrifices that our forefathers made in creating this country BUT I think if a most of them saw how being super p.c. and accepting everyone no matter what has changed the very face of our country...they would have said "Meh..England's not that bad"

After Victor had that awesome Jefferson quote as a sig awhile back I found these...

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

if he was to say this nowadays, he would have been run out of Washington and labeled as a threat.
Back to top Go down
_Wes

_Wes

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:38 pm

Good posts. Smile

Well - the shows. Tuesday I was absent. My GF has an emesis episode (vomiting) that lasted around 16 hours - so I took her into the ER. We were there for many hours - and she is better now, but I missed our Tuesday show. I went to C-Stone on Wednesday, and worked the rest of the week.

We played again on Friday, and I hear we sounded pretty good. We got some good comments from the folks there, so that was cool. And I got to see Theocracy and Souljourners - so that was way cool! Smile

Saturday was rain day. I still have mud all over and in my truck. It'll come off. . . someday. . . Wink
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 am

I do look at the board for a few moments every day, but my online life is definitely less now.

Billy has been given a final diagnosis of diastolic heart failure after five surgeries in the last year and a half. There is nothing more that can be done surgery-wise. The heart is building new arteries to compensate for the two shriveled and closed arteries, so he must have a strict diet and exercise program to help the heart do this successfully. He suffers from massive chest pain when he overexerts the heart - amazingly, that can happen by exercise or shopping - it just depends. Razz I get to tease him a lot now.

So we take each day as it comes... but less online and more in the here and now. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Panzer

Panzer

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:16 pm

Who is Billy, Is that your husband?
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:52 am

Yep. That's Marcia's husband. Marcia, I should give you a call, sometime. If it sounds like what I think it sounds like, Billy could be meeting my dad, soon. Sad

You have my prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:20 am

Well, it could go either way. His heart, by itself, is strong and healthy with no damage at all. (Years of cardio exercise through drumming...Smile)

It's two of the four arteries going into the heart. Three of the surgeries were to repair those arteries, but to no avail. They have closed completely. If he can keep his diet and lifestyle fairly strict, the heart can continue to build those new arteries.

You just never know what overexerts it. One immediately thinks of exercise and extreme physical activity, but mental activity and stress can factor in as well. He can be sitting at his desk at work, mentally working away at a project, draw a deep breath and BOOM! Massive chest pain because the heart is overexerted from trying to draw a deep breath. Or just standing up too quickly. Or nothing for a couple a days even with going to cardio rehab three days a week. There's just no predictability because of the re-building process.

Doctors have only discovered diastolic heart failure recently. It has given them more details into heart surgeries and what can be done and what can't be done, but it is still relatively new. Yay, Billy for being part of something new! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:00 pm

I do love this board. But I am not a prolific poster. Never have been. My heart will always be here. I also admin at another board that is very busy. Sucks up a ton of my time.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 6:45 pm

I'll keep you and Billy in my prayers, Marcia. (((hugs))) for you both.
If Billy is anything like my friends hubby you're gonna have your hands full helping him keep his diet and lifestyle strict.

So what's new with everyone else?

I have started working out. Walking a mile + every other day even if it has to be marching in place while Steven's driving, ab exercises and some light (5 pound) arm exercises. The last week though I have been upping it to 2 miles every other day or 2 days in a row and then rest a day. I used to do over a mile a day before I got in the truck and that was just to get to and from work, plus more for exercise or to take care of stuff. I'm just sick of being 'thick' so I'm doing something about it.
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:46 am

Sorry to hear about Billy's heart, Marcia. My brother Wes is only 44 and has atrial fibrillation. It is from his diabetes and from him not taking care of his sleep apnea like he should. I refuse to let that happen to me, if I can do anything about it.

I haven't been on here much lately for a lot of different reasons that I really don't want to get into.

But mostly I've been EXTREMELY busy. I'm babysitting a total of nine kids between the ages of five and twelve, over the summer. Not all at once, but at different times.

Our ministry is growing by leaps and bounds and God has been giving me prophetic dreams as of late.

John is interviewing for a new permanent job. He has been out of permanent work since March of 09. I have been out of full time permanent work since November of 08. We have been living on unemployment, temp assignments and the grace of God. Perhaps now everyone can see that this is really how Ohio is and has been for quite some time. Sometimes people have given me a hard time for not holding down one job for very long but you have to understand that this unemployment and recession hit people like me first, who did not go to college or trade school like John did. Now it has hit him, too.

Because of this, our internet has been off and on, so I haven't been around anywhere on a regular basis except Facebook which I'm addicted to. (LOL) Usually that's where I go at the library when we're shut off.

BIG NEWS: John cut all his hair off. Well, it's still a little longer than Tink's. But not much. He can't pull it back in a ponytail anymore. It's kind of like Michael Sweet's. It looks HOT. Smile

I've been trying to get my blood sugar to come down and have finally gotten it below 200 most of the time. I have been walking two miles about every other day and taking cinnamon tablets along with my insulin and Metformin, as well as gardening and weight lifting, plus chasing nine kids around!

Somebody stole our air conditioner, so it's gonna be a hot summer unless John can get a good job soon so we can buy another one. Maybe the pounds will just MELT off.

I'm also in bible college for Biblical Counseling and am still selling Avon, and have been busy with fundraising for our ministry.

That's about it for now I guess....I'm usually not up this late anymore but I had some caffeine and I'm bored.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
Sponsored content

I CAN Empty
PostSubject: Re: I CAN   I CAN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I CAN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: LIFE-
Jump to: