Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Praise Report

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-07

Praise Report Empty
PostSubject: Praise Report   Praise Report Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 8:34 am

I know I didnt put a prayer request for this here but I defenitly want to share God's answer and goodness

My wife has been fighting for custody of her youngest for 6 years now, I told her before we got married that I would support her 100% in this. Well back in Feb the father was arrested for child neglect and theres drug charges as well. When this was going down, he failed to disclose contact information for my wife as she was supposed to get temp custody instead he had Child Services call his mom and she took them my wife was contacted 5 days after this all went down not a word from the grandmother or anyone, Not till Child Services called my wife 5 days later. We were required to go to a hearing just 3 days after that there was a petition already established giving the grandmother temp custody. With another hearing set on the 8th, Well come Wednesday we go to court, of course the father who should have had no say as he lost custody and has to have supervised visits now contested my wife's petition to have her youngest placed in our custody. So we had to go to trail. We had the trial and We were awarded Custody after 6 years she has her boys back together. We have another hearing on May 13th its a Disposition hearing or a Sentencing hearing , the dad can only see the kids on the weekends his grandmother has him and it has to be supervised hes been ordered to go through Drug and Alochol assessment. Our lawyer told us that nothing will change on the next hearing. I had to testify and I impressed the Judge and my wife's lawyer, because of not having kids of my own and seeing a stepparent so supportive and loving the judge had said that there needs to be more people like me Smile that made me feel good because I was so worried bout how my testimony would affect the outcome not that theres anything to hide cuz there isnt but that my words could be twisted around. They werent and if anything it helped my wife. So i was very happy about that. The ultimate goal we hope will happen which is I adopt him. Knowing how the father is we really dont forsee him being there we dont expect him paying child support as hes lazy and is out of work. He claims he loves his kids but all his actions have ever shown was that he used my stepson as leverage against my wife I think this might be the first step towards that process....
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Praise Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praise Report   Praise Report Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 4:02 pm

DUDE this is excellent news ...Keep looking up bro.
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Praise Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praise Report   Praise Report Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Wonderful, wonderful news... as a birth parent and a step-parent, I have seen both sides and I am very happy for you... and your wife and children.

I can tell you from experience... don't count on the father letting you adopt. Custody is not the same as parental rights - he may have lost custody, but unless he has lost his parental rights, you need his approval to adopt his children. Talk to your lawyer about the difference. It will cost you, but if you can push hard on the neglect and the drugs, you may easily get his parental rights nullified, and then adopt the boys.

Blessings to both of you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Praise Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praise Report   Praise Report Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:56 pm

sorry for the late congrats but congrats and PTL!!

There does need to be more people like you in the world bro! I am so happy for you and your wife.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Praise Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: Praise Report   Praise Report Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Praise Report
Page 1 of 1